Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:20:44 -0700
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Maybe OT, maybe not

Hello,

I got a problem I need to get "solved" as fast as possible. I have here
a firewall box (FreeBSD based, yeah!) and need to test this in conjunction
with web crawling. Our current FW1 based Sun firewalls die very fast.

I need to emulate about 9,000 or more concurrent open tcp sessions. Each
session should be random sized from 500 to maybe 20,000 bytes data transferred.
In addition to these I need x amount of initiated tcp sessions which never
get answered. FW1 with its tcp connection table will create an entry for
these "failed" sessions and hold it up to its time out. Our crawlers do not.

So I am basicly looking for a load generator and a "server". Anyone got
something laying around like that ?

--
Regards, Ulf.