Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:42:09 +0000
From:      Michael Burns <michael@fasturl.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI RAID rebuild / management support

Do any of the PCI RAID cards currently supported by FreeBSD allow
live rebuilds, either through the driver interface or by virtue of
the device BIOS? If not, is such support possible in the near future?
Ideally, we'd like to be able to query drive status remotely, swap out
a drive and rebuild the array without taking the machine down to boot
into the array management utility. I've scoured the archives and haven't
seen mention of such a card.

TIA for any help.

--
Michael