Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 20:10:35 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I thought some of you may find this interesting....

In article <199708090031.RAA12911.kithrup.freebsd.chat@rah.star-gate.com> you write:
>Not sure if it makes a difference however I placed public.com on
>my sendmail kill file.

You shouldn't.  They're victims of forgery.  (the domain has been put on
hold, admittedly.  The owner probably got tired of the problems.)

If you look at the header, you see:

>	by rah.star-gate.com (8.8.6/8.8.5) with ESMTP id PAA12551
>	for <hasty@star-gate.com>; Fri, 8 Aug 1997 15:35:41 -0700 (PDT)

That is the network I have labeled as "sallynet".  They are an AGIS
customer.

I have them blocked.

My machine rebooted around 3AM today (Friday); since that time:

sallynet         localhost          UGR         0      266  lo0 -      -

266 packet attempts.  Bastards.

There have, to date, been dozens of proofs that this does not work.  This
will land AGIS, CP, sallynet, quantumcom, etc., in serious trouble.  The
sooner the better.