Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:12:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "objtrm" problem probably found (was Re: Stuck in "objtrm")

Mike Haertel once wrote:

> Anyway, taking all  that into account, I still agree  with Dillon that
> it is a better software solution to allow the same loadable drivers to
> work for both UP and MP systems whenever possible.

What's wrong, again with /modules  and /modules.smp? If some third party
only wants to provide ONE module, they can provide the smp one, right?

The open-source ones, should be compileable one way or the other.

The new hardware is so much  faster for the benefit of applications, not
the kernel :)

	-mi (without plans to retire his 486 and P90 anytime soon)