Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:10:48 +0000
From:      "B. K. Minazzi" <bm1073@xenu.denverweb.net>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: src code freeze is over for RELENG_4

Matt Heckaman wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> : Is it worth doing a (non-CD) 4.1.5 release the day after the patent expires?
>
> I don't know if my opinion counts for very much, but I would definately
> say yes! It'll be a wonderful day when that patent expires for all of us.

I second the motion....  The day we can tell PKP, and other, ummm, (
cant think of appropriate terms ) what to do with a so called "patent"
that was developed at MIT with OUR tax dollars, will be a bright day for
us all.  Certainly worthy of an "interim release", even a non CD one.

I recently received an e-mail from C2.net, wanting me to upgrade to
stronghold 3...
It has  Apache 1.3.13, Mod_SSL, PHP 3, blah,blah,blah.
ONLY $695, Price good till August 31 only!

I asked them what the price would be AFTER august 31, since the patent
expires Sept 20, and I can get the same packages for $0.00. ( without
the commercial support, which I do not use anyway.)

Waiting for a response, which i somehow doubt I will receive.

Wonder how many people are gonna be _really pissed_ when they find that
$700 bought them 6 weeks of RSA License?

Blaine