Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 03:01:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Byoung-Kee Yi <kee@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Mike Wolbrink <maw1626@silver.sdsmt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] network problem

Hi Mike -

Luckily I found what caused the problem thru many trial and errors.
The solution is simply turn off ``tcp_extensions'' option in the
/etc/rc.conf file. For more info, try to search with "RFC1323"
using altavista. (Sorry I don't have the exact URL handy)
BSDI site has problem report on this issue.
I think there must have been enough warning on possible problems
with ``tcp_extension'' option.

Good luck!

-- Kee