Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:44:41 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Putting a USB Compact Flash reader on a FreeBSD system

My FreeBSD box has a USB interface built in to the MB.  Since I've had no
end of trouble trying to read Compact Flash cards from my digital camera on
my Windows box, I've been thinking of buying some sort of USB CF reader so
that I can read them on the FreeBSD machine.  Is there a driver or something
for such a device so that I could access CF cards from my FreeBSD machine?
The ideal would be to set up the CF card (a PCMCIA adapter with a CF card in
it, probably) so that it looks like a filesystem, which I could then mount,
read, format, and then dismount.

Does the necessary software for this exist?  If so, is it part of the
FreeBSD distribution, or where should I look for it?