Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:04:10 +0100
From:      "Michael L. Hostbaek" <mich@FreeBSD.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing 5.1 on a Proliant 3000

Hola,

I am trying to install 5.1-RELEASE on an old Compaq Proliant 3000. When
I boot on the cd, and choose 'default' in the bootloader - I get the
following error message - followed by a panic:

acpi: bad RSDP checksum (182)

NMI ISA D0, EISA ff

RAM parity error, likely hardware failure.

and the panic.

The server has been running fine for a long time with linux.
I have tried re-seating the RAM blocks - and I have also succeeded in
starting a linux installation.

Any ideas ? (Besides getting some new hardware)

/mich