Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:46:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@torrentnet.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a2ps port still has problems...

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Hi Chuck,
>
> hope you feel well.
>
> My system: (relatively new ;-)
>
> FreeBSD titan.klemm.gtn.com 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Sat Nov 10 14:57:16 CET 2001     root@titan.klemm.gtn.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/TITAN  i386
>
> I re-compiled a2ps-a4 and get the following error when
> trying to print files:
>
> root@titan[ttyp2]{144} ...print/a2ps-letter a2ps /etc/passwd
> a2ps:/usr/local/share/a2ps/sheets/sheets.map:50: unexpected character `*'
>
> Another thing is, that the port installs the following two
> files to /:
>
> -r--r--r--   1 root  wheel     3937 Nov 17 19:04 a2ps-print.el
> -r--r--r--   1 root  wheel    11168 Nov 17 19:04 a2ps.el
>
> Can you fix it ? Or does it help if I release a PR, so that it
> doesn't get forgotten ?
>
> Strange is, that the FreeBSD a2ps precompiled *package* works fine.
> a) a2ps binary works and
> b) there is no rubbish installed in /

Finally recovering from a 4 month long Crohn's disease flareup, I'll take
a look at this tonight, I hope.  I'm currently wading thru 19,000 emails
(combined work and FreeBSD stuff) so I might decide to whack away at that
for a day or so.  That's the reason I haven't replied before.

Really good news is that I have my dsl back now (damn Verizon anyhow!)

With a bit of luck, maybe I can attend the BSDcon ... when is it (a web
pointer might be nice).

BTW, I've changed my net addresses, picnic is kaput, I now have the
machines [april|may|june|july].chuckr.org, and I get my mail at just plain
chuckr@chuckr.org.  Please adjust your aliases, if you have any for me.