Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:26:39 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Allen Pulsifer" <pulsifer@mediaone.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Next release should be called 5.0 (was:4.4 BSD forever?)

> I have to agree with this poster.  The next release should be
> called FreeBSD 5.0.

Guys, guys, can we end this discussion now?  A new version numbering
scheme was already chosen for 3.0 and we're sticking with it, up to
and including release 4.4.  None of this discussion has come even
close to making me change my mind, so unless you guys have some more
substantive arguments you've yet to trot out yet, I honestly have to
recommend that you save your fingers the wear-and-tear.

- Jordan