Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:19:13 -0500
From:      "John Bolster" <j.bol@gte.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Please HELP!! email configuration

It seems from the mailing list that you all know how to do this kind of
thing except me! Perhaps I missed something dumb.

I have sendmail installed and working. It delivers mail to /var/mail/<name>.
I have installed imap-uw to allow the clients to access their mail.

BUT imap-uw seems to be only looking in /usr/home/<name>, and sendmail is
only delivering to /var/mail/<name>.

The imap program can't find a user's INBOX and I don't know how to create
one. I've been hoping that one of the programs would do this automatically.

I've installed maildrop (from a package) and replaced the local mailer in
sendmail with it, but still I can't get it to deliver to ~.

This is FBSD 4.1, sendmail 8.9.3, imap-2000a, maildrop 0.64.

I've spent more days on this than I care to mention and I'm just going round
in circles. Could someone please point me in the right direction- it seems
that this is an issue that a lot of you must have dealt with.

Thanks in advance,

John