Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:31:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Pilo Phlat <dono@async.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Keyboard (PS/2?) problems

> If any of you readers have experienced a similar problem with the same
> kind of keyboard, or a different kind, I'd like to know. Thanks for your
> time.

	Yes, the keyboard is going bad. There is a possibility that your
keyboard connector on the motherboard is loose. (That is if it's always
the same computer.) If you're feeling brave, and you really have nothing
to loose at this time, certain models of that keyboard have a socketed chip
inside it. Try carefully pulling the chip out and reseating it. Otherwise
I highly suggest buying a new keyboard.

						Rick