Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 1998 13:46:28 -0400
From:      chado@isupply.net
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Boot Disk Follow Up

Thanks to all those who made suggestions on how to rectify this problem but I
found it had nothing to do with the files or even hardware.  I only submit
this information
to the list in hopes that it prevents someone else from overlooking the not
so obvious.

The specific mother board CMOS that I have allows you to choose whether to
boot to the
floppy drive or not.  I, unfortunately, enabled this thinking it was the
same as the boot up sequence ( A, C  on most systems ).  Well, it wasn't
and apparently made it impossible to
use the boot disk that I had created.  Only after disabling this in the
CMOS did the machine
accept the boot disk.

So, thanks again and keep up the great work.

JS
Jeff Shipper
InterNetwork Systems Administrator
Internet Supply, Inc.