Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH problem in 3.4

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

> > Are you linking explicitly against libRSAglue? You need to do this with
> > the stock OpenSSL - our version does dlopen() magic to get around it.
>
> 	Linking against libRSAglue in the app gets me:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libRSAglue.a(rsaref.o): In function
> `RSA_ref_private_decrypt':

And these are all defined in librsaref

To summarize, you need something like:

-L/usr/local/lib -lcrypto -lRSAglue -lrsaref

for FreeBSD 2.x or 3.x systems in the US (i.e. if you use the standard
openssl port). (For 3.x systems outside the US, i.e. who don't use
librsaref, the link line is "-L/usr/local/lib -lcrypto")

For 4.x and 5.x you need

-lcrypto

regardless of whether or not you're using librsaref.

Kris

----