Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:03:55 +0200
From:      Dirk Zoller <duz@onlinehome.de>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: microuptime went backwards on Athlon

Greg Lehey wrote:
> The problem is with the APM.  On my motherboard, it's not possible to
> completely disable APM (the BIOS menu selection is missing).  Try
> selecting minimum APM functionality, or configure the APM device:
>
>   device        apm0    at nexus? flags 0x31 # Advanced Power Management

Darren Mulligan recommended to comment out that apm line entirely. So I did
and the problem vanished. Before I had the line:

   device         apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20

Right now I'm a happy camper. Thank you very much!

Dirk

--
Dirk Zoller				Fon: 06106-876566
Obere Marktstraße 5			e-mail: duz@sol-3.de