Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 22:22:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        Donny Lee <donnylee@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG

Donny Lee writes:
 > >Subject:  Re: asleep()/await(), M_AWAIT, etc...
 > >   Date:  Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:14:23 -0500 (EST)
 > >   From:  Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
 > >     To:  Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
 > >     CC:  dillon@apollo.backplane.com (Matthew Dillon),
 > >          freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG,
 > >          jkh@zippy.cdrom.com,
 > >          julian@whistle.com,
 > >          luoqi@watermarkgroup.com
 >
 >   Pardon, do we have to keep replaying messages to so many
 >   mainling list members?
 >
 >   Then what are those mailing lists for?

I, for one, only read mailing lists on a as-time-permits basis, and anything
sent to the mailing list goes to a folder.  Anything cc:'d to me, gets read
much sooner.  I suspect this is true for many people.  Still, most of those
people on the list probably don't need to have direct replies, unless
they're debating something that needs immediate attention.