Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:06:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Keyboard troubles

Why does it seem like I'm posting a lot of messages about keyboards,
today? :-)

I seem to remember hearing a similar problem a month or two ago, and do
not remember if it was resolved.  I couldn't remember enough about it to
find it in the list archives.  In any case, I at least want to say "me
too".

On my -current system, after rebooting, the keyboard was in a funny state
(all 4 LEDs were turned on.  My keyboard also has an internal click
mechanism, which was no longer functional)  I plugged the keyboard into
another machine at that point, and it reset itself and worked fine on that
machine.  Plugging it back into the -current box, however, produced the
same results as before.

Fearing incompatibility, I dug out an old AT keyboard and plugged it
in.  No LEDs lit, and also no response from keypresses  (including the
obvious escape characters).

The machine didn't hang... console message were still being displayed.  I
ended up rebooting the thing remotely, and after that, the keyboard
functioned normally.

If somebody can tell me what else to check, I can try and provide a few
mroe details.

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2