Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:05:05 +0100
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Endianness in filesystems

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 03:00:00PM +0000, Dom Mitchell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to mount a laser disk formatted on Solaris (SPARC)
> on my FreeBSD (x86) machine at home. It looks like I'm running into
> endiannes problems with the superblock... Has anybody managed to mount
> Solaris filesystems on FreeBSD before? If so, what did you have to do?
> Or am I trying to achieve that which there is no code for yet?

Have you tried vmount ? I don't know wether it will help you with
your exact problem, but you are able to mount quite an amount of
filesystems using it, far more than the ones supported by FreeBSD.

You can get vmount from
  ftp://insl1.etec.uni-karlsruhe.de/pub/unix/FreeBSD/vmount/

bye,
  Harold

--
<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet