Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:45:15 -0400
From:      "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
To:        "Brooks Davis" <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, "Glenn Sieb" <ges@wingfoot.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: The lang/php4 port... [was Re: General Ports question...]

> > I have used portinstall to install lang/php4-extensions. It=20
> appeared to=20
> > do the right thing, given those options above.
> >=20
> > I then used portupgrade to upgrade lang/php4.

This step is not really neccessary after you install the
lang/php4-extensions port.

> >=20
> > See all those options I installed with php4-extensions?=20
> Well they don't=20
> > get picked up by lang/php4--even though php4-extensions is=20
> installed.
> >=20
> > What am I doing wrong? I'm gathering it's just something little and=20
> > stupid I'm missing. But, until then...*Beats Head Against Wall*

Try putting "<? phpinfo(); ?>" in index.php (without quotes) and
then what does the execution return when you access it through your
webserver?

If your flags didn't help....try deinstall the lang/php4 and the
lang/php4-extensions and portinstall only lang/php4-extensions.

It should install lang/php4 as a dependency.

--
Chris Haulmark
System Admin. Freelancer