Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:22:30 +0057 (CEST)
From:      Inge E.Syvertsen <webdude@phreaker.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup fails on port update at ebuttons port

Hi...

I am running FreeBSD 4.3 release on a P233 w/128MB

cvsup SNAP_16_1_e fails w/ the following
message when doing a port upgrade:

Updater failed:
/usr/ports/x11/ebuttons/files/#cvs.cvsup-20660.430:
Cannot create: Invalid argument

Then I just get my prompt back.

Only language specific ports are commented out of ports-supfile.

I have tried to follow the advice concerning the jakarta* port,
that is, deleting the directories and removing relevant entries
in the checkouts.cvs:. files, but no cigar, the error reappears
but with different digits at the end of the message.

(BTW: When rm -rf 'ing the offending directory, I get
an error message saying the directory is not empty.
Logging out and in again and performing the command again worked,
but not as root, I had to su from a regular user... ???
Guess maybe cvsup left some stray threads hanging ??)

Couldn't find any info on the mailing lists.
Am I the only one w/ this problem ?

Inge E. Syvertsen
ies@runbox.no

*** Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good ***