Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:03:41 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Aline de Freitas <aline@riseup.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CALL FOR TESTERS: linux-f8 infrastructure ports

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:35:13 +0400 Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:26:07 -0300 Aline de Freitas wrote:

> > I was looking in the old linux-fontconfig port, and realize that there is a
> > custom fonts.conf in the files dir. So, sure, that was the trick. Then, I've put
> > this stuff in the new linux-f8-fontconfig, and yes, it works!

> Good news, thanks! I'll take care of it later (tomorrow?).

It's is fixed as well as some changes are done at the patch level 5.

ChangeLog:
  1. new linux infrastructure ports:
     . security/linux-f8-openssl;
     . textproc/linux-f8-libxml;
     . textproc/linux-f8-libxml2;
     . textproc/linux-f8-scim-libs;
     . www/linux-kompozer.

     The latter is a web authoring system (an improved linux-nvu). This
  port was needed with the previous version of acroread8 (which didn't
  work with linux-nvu). And for now I'm not sure if this port is needed.

  2. The component (at bsd.linux-apps.mk) hicontheme returns back
     (it's too tied to infrastructure ports).

  3. Fix sdlimage_ variables.

  4. A modules database is created at pkg-plist for x11-toolkits/linux-f8-gtk2
     (since a dependent port textproc/linux-f8-scim-libs is created).

  The last change should be done for fc4 port as well.

  5. The port x11-fonts/linux-f8-fontconfig is changed to use
     FreeBSD native fonts and configuration files.

  6. I include some patches for non-infrastructure linux ports:
     . graphics/linux_dri
     . multimedia/linux-realplayer
     . net/linux-nx-client
     . net/skype
     . print/acroread7
     . print/acroread8
     . sysutils/linux-nero
     . www/linux-mplayer-plugin
     . www/linux-opera
     . www/linux-seamonkey

  The last one gives one an ability to test many ports (linux-mozilla,
  linux-seamonkey, linux-thunderbird, etc.).

New version (patch level 5 for now):
  ftp://ftp.ipt.ru/pub/FreeBSD/linux-f8/test-f8.tar.bz2

Updating:
  # ./uninstall [ports_tree_dir]
  # ./install [ports_tree_dir]

  In case of some troubles you may do a new s(v)sup and then do and
  installation (# ./install [ports_tree_dir]).

Have fun!

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)