Date:      Tue, 9 May 95 9:14:07 BST
From:      Henry Chung <hchung@ie.oracle.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   HELP: can not remove file libc.so.2.0 after make world failed

Hello People,

	I think this has been asked, I'm not sure, and I can't find it in my
mail folder. The system I have is FreeBSD 2.0 fresh install from CD-ROM, and I
haven't apply any patch to it. Then I did a "make world" with DESTDIR=/usr/obj.
"make world" failed, the reason it failed because the "sys" in
/usr/obj/usr/include is pointed to itself, and make complain it can not find
"ioctl.h".

	Anyway after "make world" failed, I then "cd /usr/obj" and did a
"rm -rf *", and it complains that:

	/usr/obj/usr/lib/libc.so.2.0: operation not permitted.

	I login as root, and even bring the machine to single user mode, also
get the same error, and the file can be removed.

	o Q1: How do I remove the /usr/obj/usr/lib/libc.so.2.0 file?

	o Q2: How do I get "make world" working? Like what patch I need to
	      apply?

	o Q3: How do I get all these patches? Like ftp or mail?

Thank you very much for all your time.

Regards,
--
Henry