Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:33:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
Cc:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>, Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, Bob Ney <bney@quiknet.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: interoperability

Richard Johnson writes:
| Doug Ambrisko writes:
|  > Missed that.  Last time I looked at wicontrol it didn't deal with
|  > multiple keys.  I think I figured out what that means in term of programming
|  > the card.  There is a note in the manual says "The address {1,0,0,0,0,0}
|  > is used to denote the default key".  I currently write that whenever
|  > a key is stored.  This would imply that you could switch the default
|  > key by changing the key in a slot.  It's a kludge for now but it might
|  > be something to experiment with.  I wonder how I update this bit of the
|  > key entry without clobbering the key.  Maybe I can write a short record
|  > that only has that info.
|  >
|  > Maybe the guy that works at Cisco and has access to the engineers can
|  > answer this.
|
| I'm trying to get an answer from our engineers on this issue.

Thanks, that would be great.

| In the meantime, I'm constantly getting "an0: device timeout".  It
| works perfectly for a number of hours and then suddenly stops and gets
| the "device timeout" message.  Then, after a while of pinging the
| local gateway with over 2-3 seconds(!) RTT, it suddenly settles back
| down and works fine for a while.
|
| Anyone else seeing this?

I recall reports from someone that has seen it a fair amount on a PCI
verison.  I haven't seen it happen or really heard about it on PCMCIA
and that's all I have.  We also have a bunch of people using the PCMCIA
driver at work.

I may try to look at that some more.  I use it for hours at a time without
that issue.  Maybe it's time to look at the driver with more detail.  I've
found a bunch of bugs in and fixed the ones I've stumbled across.

Doug A.