Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:29:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jeremiah@sherline.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft _still_ makes for a boring thread

On 19-Dec-01 Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:
>> John Baldwin wrote:
>> > Agreed, this is freebsd-advocacy, not Terry vs. Anthony.
>>
>> FWIW, I agree, and will not respond to the Microsoft troll any
>> more in -advocacy.
>
> Would that make you the FreeBSD troll, since you obviously initiated this
> mini-flame war ?

Actually, Anthony usually starts these flamewars.  He's started about 3 or 4 on
-chat in the past week or so.  His primary assertion being that Unix or
Unix-like systems are unsuitable on the desktop for anyone, and that everyone
should switch to Windows for desktop machines.  He does claim to run a FreeBSD
server however, and says that Unix-like systems are ok for servers.  However,
he won't accept the fact that some people do indeed find Unix useful as a
desktop as well.

The biggest reason Terry is riled up is that Anthony doesn't play fair during
arguments.  He ignores any statements which point him out as being wrong,
partially quotes messages so he can take parts out of context, contradicts
himself, and always has to have the last word.  Granted, the lovely flamefest
should have stopped much earlier (as should the ones on -chat), but Anthony is
the one being the Troll here.