Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 11:56:02 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        Morten Seeberg <morten@seeberg.dk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LDAP/IMAP

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 10:31:31PM +0100, Morten Seeberg wrote:
> If I start using subj, so that my mail is online on my server instead on my
> laptop, I wount be able to work on my mails when Im not online, is there any
> place to sort my mails in folders on my server, and then syncronise with my
> laptop both ways??
>
> Fx if read and answer mails while being offline on my laptop, and at the
> same time new mails arrive in my inbox on my LDAP/IMAP server, is there any
> software/mail client that supports the ability to then syncronize my to
> mailboxes at that point?

IMAP allows all of this, but it really comes down to the features of
your client. I read my IMAP mail with mutt, which has no support for
local mail (other than moving messages back and forth manually).

Netscape Communicator has some support for offline mail, but I've never
used it. I don't know how useful it is.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"Judge me by my size, do you? And well you
should not. for my ally is the Force." - Yoda, Jedi Master