Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:27:17 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        Edward <edward_gess@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: miscellaneous...

As a general tip, please read

  http://www.lemis.com/questions.html

Your message violates many customs of the -questions list, which
probably explains why you haven't gotten an answer until now.

> I've added a new sound card and how to configure it under FreeBSD???

RTFM.  Specifically, read the section of the Handbook that deals with
compiling a new kernel.  Look at the LINT file for hints about your
specific card.

> How to get running VMware... I've done all necessary things, but I
> am getting errors about non-existent files... ???

I have no idea.  You might consider asking this question in a separate
mail, delineating what you think "all necessary things" means and the
actual text of the error messages, and someone more excited about
VMWare than I can help you.

> What ftpd is installed by default in FreeBSD???

AFAIK, it's the ftpd that was written at Berkeley.  It has since been
modified many times by the FreeBSD team members and others.  (In
particular, it is _not_ WU-ftpd, if that's what you mean.)

> Is it secure? Is there vulnurabilities in it ???

There is an obscure bug related to globbing in the ftpd in the 4.[012]
releases, but it's fixed as soon as you next CVsup and make world.

> How to change Perl installed on FreeBSD on newest version?

This has been discussed on this list recently.  Check the archives for
a post by Tim Ayers.

Lucas