Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 09:10:05 +0100
From:      Alain Kalker <A.C.P.M.Kalker@student.utwente.nl>
To:        <multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New VoxWare sound driver v3.5alpha is out!

To all FreeBSD sound driver hackers:

Yes! The new sound driver is out!

The main new features are:

- Support for more soundcards.
- Full-duplex audio support for some soundcards (where did I hear that before?)
- Experimental mmap() support for DMA buffers for some soundcards.

One thing is on the downside, though. The driver is slowly becoming less and less portable (the pas
t bunch of
releases have all been 'L...x-only' :-( ). Time to do something about this?!
Also several parts have been substantially rewritten, so ome of our porting work will have to be redone.

Note: This driver is _not_ an official release. I will have to extract it from a Linux kernel.

I will upload it to rah.star-gate.com:/pub/incoming as soon as I can reach this site once more (Amancio?)

---
Alain