Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:46:47 +0100
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Don Tyson <tyson@stanfordalumni.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the desktop (was: TheRegister article on Hotmail)

Don Tyson wrote:
> > "Anthony Atkielski" wrote:
> > > I don't work for Microsoft.
> > http://www.atkielski.com
> >    Section:  "FAQs and Essays" Click:  "On Software" Scroll to:  "Microsoft
> "
> >    ] I have what the Wall Street Journal and the SEC would call a
> >    ] "financial interest" in Microsoft
> Remove Anthony

Done.

> because he has a financial interest in
> MS?

No. - Seperate issues.

> Remove him from the advocacy list if you want
> because this thread has gotten out of hand,

Yes

> but please
> don't establish a "financial interest" requirement for
> participating in the advocacy list.

No.  You mis-understand.  I was short as Atkielski merited brevity or less.

There were 2 points, not to be directly linked, with more `between the lines'

1) Insight on one of Atkielski's many noisy statements. + Web Ref to allow
   others to check suspicions of who this MS biased noise maker was.
   Readers were supposed to:
      - Realise they could discover Atkielski's real attitude to FreeBSD
	advocacy on his own web, which I'd read through: Heavy pro
	MS, non PD Src bias, no BSD mentioned !  Bare mention of
	"Unix + Apache" not even a URL.  Just 2 PD progs.  on offer
	both MS based, Not sourced.
      - Remeber previous Atkielski noise, & refutations many had posted.
      - Remember Terry's important point about Atkielski rubbish
	perverting the FreeBSD archive.
      - Not need all above, re-iterated by me again,
      - Not treat my one new minor point in stand alone mode.

2) I had previously posted reason.  Ref:
	Message-Id:	<200211240258.gAO2wfs54255@flip.jhs.private>
	Subject:	Non compliance with list remit.
	Date:		Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:58:41 +0100
	I have informed postmaster@ that IMO, one person's postings
	these last 2 days have distracted us from our objective:
		< Majordomo definition of list >

Suggested private mail for people to send post/ web master @ freebsd.org:
   Now Anthony Atkielski is barred from posting freebsd-advocacy@, would
   you find + grep + rm recent Atkielski initiated threads ?
   [ regardless of sender, including this & previous mail :-) ]

Julian Stacey
jhs @ berklix.com	Computer Systems Engineer & Unix Consultant, Munich.
   Ihr Rauchen = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Schnupftabak probieren.