Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:25:32 +0300 (EEST)
From:      slava <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        joe_pepin@ins.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 10baseT interface no down when cable is unpluged

Right, a script would bring the interface down. What if I need the
interface back up as soon as the link is up. In this case my script
would have to ifconfig my interface up every minute or so, then ping
and wait for a reply ,if no reply receved, bring the interface down.
May work, although not sure if flaping the interface up and down
hundreds of times per day will not crash my FreeBSD router.
Cisco's would sense no carrier on the 10baseT port and pring the interface
down.