Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 03:54:20 +0200
From:      Michael Riexinger <michael@grindking.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfilter problem

On Sat May  4 20:25:41 2002, Rob Hughes wrote:
> IPFilter was updated to 3.4.27. I had several rules that weren't having
> any effect on the previous 3.4.20 version that suddenly "kicked in"
> after the update. My guess would be that you experienced the same thing.

Yeah, but that rule worked with the previous versions, too. It should
only block incoming tcp connections. I can communicate with other hosts
without problems, but not with this one (news.cis.dfn.de) with that rule
active. I really don't know what the rule has to do with a http or nntp
connection with a host..

greets,
Michael

--
"Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good,
if it boots up, it is perfect."  -- Linus Torvalds