Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:20:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
To:        agifford@infowest.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIND 8.* and STABLE

> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:05:09 +0000
> From: "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
> I would LOVE to see BIND 8 make its way into -STABLE.  That way I won't
> have to keep reinstalling BIND 8 after every "make world" overwrites it
> with the older version. :)

Well, at least I can take that as 'it works'.  :-)

When I last saw the topic visited many months ago, one of the issues
was the revamped boot file.  Now, I didn't have a problem running
the conversion utility, but some will.  Since the current BIND works, I can
see why many would prefer it be left the current STABLE resolver, and leave
BIND 8.* for CURRENT.

Aaron, you doing anything else besides simple reinstall?

> Drew Derbyshire wrote:
> > I also notice the install seems dummied out in the BIND makefile,
> > any idea why?

Any answer for this?

-ahd-
--
Drew Derbyshire                 Internet:       ahd@kew.com
Kendra Electronic Wonderworks   Telephone:      781-279-9812

"I don't ask for much, I only want trust
 and you know it don't come easy . . ."         - Ringo Starr