Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:31:03 -0000
From:      "Dead Line" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache is taking the chmod.

Hello All,

    Iam on FreeBSD 4.2-Release.

    There is Apache-fp installed in my box.

    I have a group /home/shells
    This group is in chmod 750 (So no one from out side this group
    can enter this group, only group members)
    and each user in this group is in chmod 700
    (No other than the owner can enter to his home directry)

    This is fine,
    The problem is, when I create a directry  public_html
    inside thier home shell the apache is taking the group
    and the user chmod so when we try to retrive the URL
    it will say " Access denied, you donot have permission"

    what to do please?
    could someone help?

    Thank you.
    Marwan.