Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:36:34 -0800
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@clicknet.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccard.conf and the 3C589D, please help.

(sent this to the wrong list :(

Greetings, I can't seem to get my FreeBSD v2.2.5 system to use my
network card (3Com 3C589D).

I have ep0 in the kernel setup to use the default 0x300 and IRQ 10 (and
I used the 3Com utility to make sure those were the settings in the
card, which I'm trying to use in slot 1)

When FreeBSD is loading I see it initialize the driver:

        pccard driver ep added
        ep0 not found at 0x300

but when I try inserting the card I get the following error:

        cardd[42]: driver allocation failed for 3Com Corporation.

Below is the entry from my pccard.conf file, I have tried letting
pccardd find the IRQ and I've tried defining it. any help would be
appreciated!

        # 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D
        card "3Com Corporation" "3C589D"
        #       config  0x1 "ep0" ?
                config  0x300 "ep0" 10
                insert  echo 3Com Etherlink III rev.D inserted.
        #       insert  /etc/pccard_ether ep0 -link0 link1
        #       insert  /etc/pccard_ether ep0 link0 link1
                remove  echo 3Com Etherlink III rev.D removed
        #       remove  /sbin/ifconfig ep0 delete

-Sean