Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:53:31 -0400
From:      "Kelly Yancey" <kbyanc@alcnet.com>
To:        "Dag-Erling Smorgrav" <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Team FreeBSD progress charts

> Repeat after me: His name is not Chuck. His name is not Chuck. His
> name is not Chuck. His Chuck is not name. His not Chuck name is. Name
> not his is Chuck. Chuck is not his name. His name is not Chuck. OK?
>
> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no

  I guess this has fallen out of favor? For as long as I can remember, while
never official, people have affectionately refered to the daemon as "Chuck".
There are still vestigal references to "Chuck" around the net, a quick
search yeilded:
http://www.vlsm.org/gnm/cvm/welcome.html
http://lists.openresources.com/FreeBSD/freebsd-chat/msg00520.html
http://advocacy.freebsd.org/ammunition/splash.html

  Admittingly, not a lot...but I didn't spend much time looking either.

  As a side note, intended for the -advocacy list: while doing my quick
search I discovered something disturbing about the freebsddiary.com site
which I was not aware of...it's driven by Frontpage (blech). The tip off
what the search engine's URL:
http://www.freebsddiary.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/freebsd/search.htm. On the
other hand, the best I can tell it is running on some unix (it's got
sendmail at least)...but isn't this the sort of thing that could come back
and bite us? Maybe I'm just a little paranoid. :)

  Kelly
 ~kbyanc@posi.net~
  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve - http://www.freebsd.org/
  Join Team FreeBSD - http://www.posi.net/freebsd/Team-FreeBSD