Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:38:10 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Gannater_J=E1nos?= <gannater@freemail.hu>
Cc:        BSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VirusProtection and IMAP

Gannater János wrote:
> Virus:
> What kind of anti virus software should I use to protect my
> BSD system which is free and really kill's viruses?

There are none.  I recently did some research into this, and
there are a few projects in the works, but none of them claim
to be reliable or complete.
You'll have to fork out some $$$ for decent virus protection,
Sophos is good and runs well on FreeBSD, there are others but
I can't vouch for them.

As someone else stated, there is no real concern about viruses
hurting FreeBSD itself.  Folks who put virus protection on
FreeBSD do so because they have Windows machines that use the
FreeBSD computer for mail/filesharing/whatever that they want
to protect.

> IMAP:
> Where can I tell freeBSD which IMAP software should he use?
> Like I installed cyrus and imapd-uw. So which one the system
> is using and how can I switch between them?

To my knowledge, there's no overall method for installing multiple
IMAP servers and controlling them.
If /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ is configured to start both, whichever one
manages to get ahold of the IMAP port first will likely cause the
other one to fail to start.
Beyond that, use the scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to control which
one is currently running, and to start and stop them.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies