Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:26:18 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jhell <jhell@dataix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Subject:   Re: It's annoying when something other than rsyncd listens on	tco/873

On 08/16/2010 17:20, jhell wrote:

> The problem that I came across was that /usr/local/etc/rc.d is parsed
> long after /etc/rc.d contents

This hasn't been true for a very long time. I first added the code to
incorporate the local scripts into the base rcorder almost 5 years ago.

> so adding the BEFORE to the rsync start
> script would not help or didn't at that time.

You can't add a BEFORE which is earlier than a REQUIRE (one of the many
reasons that I dislike BEFORE). Your configuration was probably creating
a circular dependency error that you didn't see.

hth,

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso