Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:20:53 +0100
From:      schilling <schilling@home.se>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Suggestion

It feels like i'm missing something ...
For exampel : i can't find any doc that says
how to bring up your ethernet card ?!
Nor how to set the IP, route and netmask etc etc
I see these thing like vital things ...
Can't you put up a "step by step" thing ?!
Like first you learn the commands; syntax, why using them etc etc
and then exampels on how to use the commands...
My biggest problem is that i can't get my NIC to work
And i think this is the most important on a freebsd machine ?!
In the begging of the installation i walked through the
"kernel settings" (almost the beginning of the inst.) where
I could choose NIC and set the port of the NIC ....
I was never able to get back to that setting-page so I
had to reinstall over and over and over again ....
That's all .... (i'm a really newbie to unix ... i know :))

/schilling