Date:      27 Feb 2002 17:23:17 +1130
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Killing TCP connections before suspend

I have my laptop doing suspend to disk now (and everything working on
resume :) and I was thinking it would be really useful to be able to
reset all TCP connections that don't go over localhost.

ie you run a magical program in rc.suspend and it toasts all of your TCP
connections so your applications are forced to reconnect, otherwise what
happens is they hang around for a while and you have to manually kill
them etc..

Anyone have any ideas for how this could be implemented? I have tried
tcpkill from the dsniff port but it can only work when traffic for the
connection in question gets captured.

Would it be possible to use libkvm to grovel around?

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum