Date:      Thu, 25 May 2006 14:06:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        kudzu@tenebras.com
Cc:        phk@phk.freebsd.dk, small@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's embedded agenda

In message: <4475CD42.2010509@tenebras.com>
            Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com> writes:
: Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
:
: > For smaller systems, an additive approach would make more sense
:
: Amen.  For larger systems, too, IMHO.  I've been saying this for
: years, but even those things which we think of as necessary for
: most installs (MTA, DNS, toolchain) should be packages.

We use the additiv approach at work.  That which you do not include is
omitted.  Doable, but keeping the dependency lists accurate since we
originally did this work for 3.2 has been the biggest issue...

Warner