Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:39:23 -0700
From:      Mark Mayo <mmayo@360networks.net>
To:        jkh@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Canadian FTP mirror

Hi Jordan and hub maintainers! I have the 4.3-RELEASE bits mirrored at
stinky.ca.360networks.net.  I've got more bandwidth than I know what to do with
(I'm Senior IP Services Architect at 360 -- see website for marketing
propaganda on how wonderful our network is), and I decided that after so many
years of being a happy FreeBSD user, the best way I can contribute back to the
project at this time is to run a mirror.

The box has FastE into it, and although we're still in the prelim stages of
building our American network, I do have OC-12 into Verio and good peering via
NetRail with OC-12 to them as well (we bought them). We have peering in Canada
too (Teleglobe, AT&T, etc.) so we should be a reasonable source for Canadian
clients.

I'm committing my time to be a mirror maintainer for the long run, and I'm also
open to being listed as a main "ftp.freebsd.org" server.

Right now, stinky is a 1U 866MHz IBM with a single 18G disk and 256M of RAM. I
can bump it up to 512MB RAM at any time. Naturally, to host a complete
ftp.freebsd.org mirror I would build a new machine with a Gig (or more) of RAM
and a 100Gig array.

Let me know if you want to point ftp.ca.freebsd.org at the box.

I don't have the ISO yet but hopefully I'll be able to find someone with a
copy and a working FTP server to snatch it from soon.  :)

Hoping to give some back,
-Mark

--
Mark Mayo <mmayo@360networks.net>