Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:19:34 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: : cvs commit: src/usr.bin/make arch.c buf.c compat.c cond.c dir.c for.c hash.c job.c main.c make.c parse.c str.c suff.c targ.c util.c var.c

At 3:50 PM +0930 2000/7/12, Greg Lehey wrote:

> [...]

	BTW, in case this hasn't been mentioned before, I believe that
there is a program in /usr/ports/textproc called "par".  It's
supposed to be really good at reformatting paragraphs and keeping
things like quoting characters aligned, etc....

>>>  Emacs has a line wrap macro which understands quoted text.  Taking
>>>  Fred's paragraph above, it makes this out of it:

>>>  That's m-q when running in letter mode (I think).

	Let me try re-wrapping the above lines with par:

>>>  Emacs has a line wrap macro which
>>>  understands quoted text. Taking Fred's
>>>  paragraph above, it makes this out of
>>>  it:

>>>  That's m-q when running in letter mode
>>>(I think).

	This was produced by running this paragraph (in vi ;-) through
"par w42".  I note that it removed the double space characters.  I'm
sure this could be fixed,but the syntax to par is unfortunately
rather complex, and I've only begun to explore the examples.