Date:      07 Jan 2001 16:51:41 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
To:        php-general@lists.php.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling PHP with SWF support under FreeBSD

I've downloaded the libswf from http://reality.sgi.com/grafica/flash/
and placed the .a and .h files into /usr/local/libswf/lib and
/usr/local/libswf/include.  When compiling php 4.0.4 with
--with-swf=/usr/local/libswf the compilation gives me:

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lswf.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lswf.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

What exactly does this mean in simpler terms?  What is the solution to
the problem?  Could it be because the library is compiled for FreeBSD
2.2.8, and I'm running 4.2-STABLE?

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin