Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:11:39 -0500
From:      "Dillion Klein" <dillionklein@hotpop.com>
To:        <jud@operamail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <jacks@sage-american.com>
Subject:   Re: MAGIK 1 Chipset MB

I am planning on installing FreeBSD on my desktop machine, which is based on
the KT266A chipset -- if it is indeed compatible (anyone?), I would highly
recommend it, as I have been running Win98, Win2K Pro, and WinXP Pro on the
machine without a single
reliabilty concern.... reminds me of the good ol' BX days.

As Jud mentioned, ALI is not quite up to VIA and AMD standards, especially
in the
server market, which most FreeBSD machines fall into. :)

BTW, Funky & Fresh brings soaps or laundry detergent to mind. :-D

Chow,

-D