Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:59:38 -0600
From:      Jonathan Wright <wrightcs@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printing problems / apsfilter

Hello,

I'm having some trouble printing.

I listened to some of those posts on installing apsfilter as nice way to
setup your printer.
I went ahead and installed apsfilter too.

I have a Brother MFC 4350 printer.  It says on their website it will work
as an HP Laserjet IIP
So thats how I installed it w/ apsfilter's/gs's  ./SETUP program - ljet2p

It does print tiny little files like ( cat .login | lpr  ) ok.  However, if
I try a larger file like ( /COPYRIGHT )  my printer will either restart
after  5 or so minutes - or I'll finally get the first page 5 or so minutes
later and continue at that pace.  Printing the sample.ps file including
with apsfilter will make the printer lockup too after several minutes.  I
was able to print a tiny .ps file however.

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Jonathan