Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 06:47:19 -0500
From:      "TymbrWlf" <tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net>
To:        "Freebsd Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help with Wordperfect 8

    That is where I originally downloaded it from.
    The exact nature of the problem is this: I log in as root, I startx and
open a xterm window.Then I go to the directory where I downloaded the
archive, untar/unpack the files, and execute the .Runme script. The
graphical installation fails but the character-based one works. I accept all
defaults during the installation and everything seems to be OK. After
installation finishes, I try to execute xwp in the /wpbin subdirectory and I
get a segmentation fault and a core dump. My machine is a Pentium 166mHz,
128m Ram, 3gb HD, Matrox Millenium 2mb PCI Video, 3com 10/100 PCI NIC
(3C595), SB AWE32, US robotics 56k Modem (Not a winmodem), FreeBSD
4.0-Release, XFree86 3.3.6. I saw something on the Corel site about
WordPerfect not liking the accelerated Video drivers for X (which I'm using)
but it was vague as usual. Hope this gives enough info. Thanks.

Larry Hawk
tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net