Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 98 8:55:07 EDT
From:      frank.senkel@stoneweb.com
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   win95 - bsd - linux boot?

hi,

i just loaded bsd and an trying to load linux as well, my disk configuration
is:

wd0 - 2.1 gig - dedicated to win95

wd1 - 2.1 gig - wds1 - / (bsd) - 100 meg
		wds2 - / (linux) - 100 meg
		wds3 - /usr (bsd) - about 900 meg, this include a swap
		wds4 - /usr (linux) - 811 meg
		       swap (linux) - 96 meg

i loaded win95, then bsd and used booteasy, everything worked great. last
night i installed redhat 5.0, i did not install lilo initially. i made sure to
fdisk linux and set the root as bootable. then reinstalled booteasy, but it
would not boot linux. so i tried using lilo on wd0 (had to reinstall linux -
couldn't get the install to just install lilo) but during the lilo install it
gave back an error and did not install correctly. the faq says to install lilo
at the start of the linux boot partition, can that be done now that the linux
system is installed? is that a solution to my problem? could you give me some
insight as to what the actual problem is? when i look at the booteasy install
screen, it shows a table, something like Name - Can boot - Bootable, the linux
slice looks like Linux - No - Yes.

any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

frank senkel