Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 09:59:28 -0700
From:      "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@plambert.net>
To:        Fred Gilham <gilham@csl.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba 8100 and old wavelan --- which freebsd version?

I was using a Tecra 8100 until this past Tuesday with FreeBSD 4-STABLE
and not having any noticeable problems.  I had a Lucent Orinoco card,
which is the renamed WaveLAN line, and some other hardware with it,
and it was working just fine.

Unfortunately, it was my employer's laptop, and had to be returned when
I was laid off on Tuesday.  I no longer have access to my account to
give you my kernel config file or any other specific information.  I do
know I had the most success with the internal modem disabled (since it
doesn't work under FreeBSD anyway) in the BIOS, and pcic0 set to polling
mode.

--Paul M. Lambert

P.S. Anyone hiring FreeBSD/Solaris/anything-else-UNIX admins in the
San Francisco Bay Area?  ;-)