Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:10:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Derek Flowers <djflow@portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us>
To:        Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        Drew Derbyshire - UUPC/extended software support <software@kew.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: after the release ...

Do we not already have a binary distribution system with the pkgadd
command?  Why not just take the new fixed binaries and make the into a
package, call it 2.2.6Update-980312.tgz or something.  If someone could
point me in the direction of how to create packages for the pkgadd
command, I'll do it myself.  Also, does anybody have better info on how to
create ports?  I've tried to do it myself using the handbook, but I can't
get the original Makefile for the program to work.

Derek Flowers
djflow@erols.com
http://portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us/~djflow

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."