Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:32:41 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS V3 is it stable?

> But... I am doing this without *any* problems with FBSD 2.1.[567], where the
> mail spools are served by a Solaris system. I was going to upgrade
> a bunch of systems to 2.2-release, but now I'm worried.  IMO, This *must*
> be made to work at least as well as it does in 2.1.[567].

It never worked at all, not in 2.1.[67] or now, so your degree of risk
is essentially the same.

We've been waiting forever for someone to take an active enough interest
in this to implement an NFS locking daemon.  We're still waiting. ;)

					Jordan

P.S. Terry sent me the skeleton of something way back when I was
actually masochistically considering this myself, but I came to
my senses and backed away in time. :)