Date:      Tue, 27 May 1997 14:39:18 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cd9660 w/ Joliet extensions

According to Philippe Regnauld:
> Jeroen writes:
> >
> > > C: "Yes, the can.  Here's how..."
> > >    "(implied) What valid excuses remain for not having one?"
> >                            ^^^^^^^
> >                                   That's your opinion
> >
> > Because most users do not have that knowledge, in practice they
> > really can not disable it ;-)
>
> 	How about a simple message in the startup screen of the program
> 	being autorun, mentioning where to disable it ?

Or how about just using what was suggested: Something that adds two items to
the "right mouse button menu" for the cd, and also gives it a nifty icon.

If someone finds that annoying, then have an attitude problem. It simply
doesn't really affect anything except the cd icon. :-)

I think everyone is thinking of the installation thingies for games and
utilities which throw up a huge window and sounds, and god knows what,
just because you happen to insert the CD. It's NOT the same thing.

   /Mikael